CSS can do some great things these days
Here’s a short round-up of some CSS methods that I’ve been impressed with recently:
- More and more, CSS is being used to create image-like effects and here’s a nice example of CSS being used to create post tags. The :before and :after pseudo elements and some CSS3 and border properties are used to create the triangle and circle shapes.
- Great use of the text-shadow property to create 3D text using just CSS
- CSS3 Slide-up Boxes uses CSS transitions to achieve an animated mouseover effect.
- Until fairly recently, who would have thought that you could create Checkerboard, striped & other background patterns with CSS3 gradients? Fantastic effects without the use of images!
- CSS Arrows and Shapes Without Markup uses the triangle shape border method and the :after pseudo element, like the post tags item above.
- Shadow experiments shows how to create a ‘dark side of the moon’ rainbow prism effect (like the Pink Floyd CD cover)
There’s some inspiring work in these examples!
Shopify makes it easy to open an online store by providing all the tools and help you need. Click here to try it for free!
Sync files between computers. Share files with your clients, friends, and family using DropBox. It's great!