Starting a News and Articles section
I wrote this post a while back. The content can still be relevant but the information I've linked to may not be available.
- I wanted to write articles about business, the sites/projects I've been working on, and about client websites, and these articles did not seem to fit comfortably in this blog.
- The CVW Web Design site needs to have a regular stream of new content so that search engines and site visitors can see that it is updated regularly.
- I wanted to use Perch on the site so a News section was one way of kick-starting that.
I pondered whether to call the new section “Blog" or “News" but in the end I've gone with the latter to avoid confusion with this blog. Admittedly, “News" is not entirely accurate so I'm not completely happy but it's OK for the moment.
So far, it's been going quite well and I've been able to write a couple of articles a month. For example:
- Why web design conferences are important for smaller companies
- What company information do we need on our website?
- How to get help with your website from Google
I'm having to think more about articles to write so that's definitely a challenge but I'm hoping to research these a bit better now that I have a place to publish them – so I hope the whole thing will be a virtuous circle. We'll see!